Saturday, April 24, 2010

Stumptown, Day 1

Stumptown was amazing. Only my lack of funds and the knowledge that whatever I buy has to be carried is stopping me from loading up on pretty pretty comics. Went to a panel hosted by Aaron Diaz on digital painting. It was fascinating. Even scribbling on the tablet to demonstrate how to use brush tools and blending and create layers, he winds up with this awesome robot house set against mountains. Because that is how he rolls. Bought a set of animal prints from Dylan, then accidentally reminded her that she wrote Bite Me in high school so we could both feel old. Introduced Hank the gerbil to his creator. Mostly I am proud of the fact that I managed to avoid throwing myself at anyone like a terrifying stalker to tell them how much I love them. Tomorrow Kate Beaton and Dylan Meconis have a panel on making history awesome, which I am stupid excited for.
From portland

Shaenon and Hank

No comments: